Victoria Gardens Truro
The ornate bandstand has pride of place in the centre of the Victoria Garden, created to commemorate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, with a fountain, lodge and the new addition of the Vase of Hope, a donation in 2018 by the sculptor Richard Austin to the Invictus Trust to signify hope for improved mental health an added interest.
In the background is the viaduct which carries the main line trains between Paddington Station in London and the end of the line at Penzance in the far west of Cornwall.
The original Carvedras Viaduct was built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel in 1859, but was replaced with the present granite structure in 1904
July 4th, 2019
Viewed 18 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 02/17/2020 at 9:58 AM