The Fort Canning Lighthouse
There was a lighthouse built on the southern side of Fort Canning Hill to guide ships safely towards Singapore Harbour. The Lighthouse survived the Second World War, but it was finally closed and dismantled on December 1958 due to the building of tall office blocks hiding it from view. A replica of the Lighthouse was later erected near its original position. Its lights are fully functional, but obviously it is no longer of use to shipping.
August 7th, 2012
Viewed 34 Times - Last Visitor from Ottawa, ON - Canada on 06/19/2020 at 4:56 AM