Tribute To Master Of Suspense - Color
When I saw the man in the photo, the first thing that came to my mind was Alfred Hitchcock, so I decided to pay tribute to him.
In this work there are several references to his films:
- "The Birds": in the wallpaper.
- "Psycho": multiple images in the mirror.
- "Dial M for Murder": the phone hanging.
- "Rear Window": the window.
- "The Wrong Man": the broken mirror.
- "The Man Who Knew Too Much": the narcissus.
- "Vertigo" a: red table which is the color of the main male character's symbol.
- "Vertigo" b: green wall that is the color of the main female character's symbol.
- Oval mirror is used in several of his films
I replace the cloudy sky with a sunset based on a phrase attributed to the Master of Suspense:
"The sunset of Zadar is the world's most beautiful and incomparably better than in Key West, Florida."
Of course the image of the sunset I used is not from Zadar (Croatia).
The front view of the man in the mirror is from a photograph of my father.
Original photograph by Isabella Shores.
The image was digitally manipulated for the
"Edit This 4" Contest.
Click on the image to see a full resolution preview.
September 22nd, 2018
Viewed 136 Times - Last Visitor from Cupertino, CA on 09/30/2021 at 8:03 AM