Morris Island Light is a lighthouse on Morris Island in South Carolina. The light stands on the southern side of the entrance to Charleston Harbor, north of the City of Folly Beach. The lighthouse was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
Morris Island Lighthouse
Built in 1767 at the southern entrance to Charleston, the original tower was destroyed during the Civil War. The new tower, built in 1876, stands 161 ft. with 201 steps leading to its top. The beacon was extinguished in 1962. The red and white striped tower is visible from James Island as well as Folly Beach.
July 12th, 2019
Viewed 2 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 08/15/2019 at 7:36 AM