Reconstructed on the site of the original Mills House, this reproduction was completed in 1968. Otis Mills, a grain merchant and real estate developer, constructed the original in 1853, Mills, a native of Massachusetts, commissioned the architect John E. Earle, also an expatriate New Englander, to design the building, which contained the first large-scale running water and steam heat systems in the city. The five-story, 125 room hotel cost $200,000 to build and incorporated Philadelphia cast-iron balconies and New England terra cotta window cornices.
April 19th, 2016
Viewed 64 Times - Last Visitor from Cupertino, CA on 07/14/2019 at 4:44 PM