Moscow Kremlin Tour - 47 Of 70
Complete Moscow Kremlin Tour - 47 of 70. Golden domes of the Annunciation cathedral of Moscow Kremlin and green trees. The cathedral is devoted to the Annunciation of the Theotokos. It was built by the craftsmen from the city of Pskov from 1484 to 1489 in place of the older cathedral. The cathedral has nine domes. Four of them belong to four single dome chapels added to the main church at each corner. The staircase to the left was made for the tsar Ivan the Terrible. Such was his desire. This church suffered a lot of troubles from fires, robberies by the enemy armies and was closed in the beginning of the Soviet era. The church was opened as a museum only in the 1950s. Now it serves both as a museum and for occasional religious services. The building was restored in 2009. Grand Kremlin Palace is behind the cathedral.
September 16th, 2014
Viewed 641 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 09/07/2020 at 10:35 AM