Marble Fountain In Plaza De La Candelaria Cadiz Spain
Photograph - Color
The Plaza de Candelaria is named after the Candelaria convent, situated in the square until it was demolished in 1873, when its grounds were redeveloped as a plaza. The plaza is notable for a statue in its centre of Emilio Castelar, president of the first Spanish republic, who was born in a house facing the square. A plaque situated on another house, states that Bernardo O'Higgins, an Irish-Chilean adventurer and former dictator of Chile also, lived in the square.
November 4th, 2014
Viewed 651 Times - Last Visitor from Kiev, 13 - Ukraine on 05/10/2021 at 7:12 PM