Lubbock Depot Door
Photograph - Photography
Lubbock's Fort Worth and Denver South Plains Railway Depot opened in 1928 and linked the Hub City with Fort Worth-Dallas. Fort Worth architect Wyatt Hedrick designed the depot. Its Spanish Renaissance Revival style matched buildings on the Texas Tech campus designed by Wyatt a few years earlier. Car travel displaced travel by train in the 1950s, leaving the railway station abandoned in 1953. The structure experienced multiple lives over the years--warehouse, salvage yard, and restaurants. Today, the depot serves as the Buddy Holly Museum.
Featured in FineArtAmerica.com / Pixels.com groups:
Travel Art (7/3/2020)
June 30th, 2020
Viewed 70 Times - Last Visitor from Harlingen, TX on 08/07/2020 at 3:01 PM