Leawood Pump House - Cromford
Photograph - Digital Photography
The Leawood Pump House, beside the Derwent Aqueduct at Cromford in Derbyshire, England. This Grade II listed building, built in 1849, houses a Watt-type beam engine which was used to pump water from the River Derwent up to the Cromford Canal. The huge pump can deliver 39,000 tons of water in 24 hours and it worked from 1849 until the canal closed in 1944. In 1979 the pump was restored and it is still run occasionally.
Image Ref: 29905-RDA
May 9th, 2012
Viewed 199 Times - Last Visitor from Cupertino, CA on 07/16/2021 at 1:07 AM