Tom Gari Gallery-Three-Photography
Photograph - Photography
Abandoned train cars at the old Wycombe Station.
This a defunct station on the Reading Company's New Hope Branch located in Wycombe, PA. The station is currently on the line used by the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad.
Service to the Wycombe station started 1891 and ended 1953. The station was restored in 2009,
Wycombe is an unincorporated community mainly in Wrightstown Township but also in Buckingham Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. Founded in the 1890s when the Northeast Pennsylvania Railroad opened a line through the county, it was called "Lingohocken" (the traditional Indian name of the area) by local residents, but the post office was named "Wycombe" to prevent confusion with the post office in Wingohocken. The Lingohocken Fire Company, located on the edge of town, retains this older name. The New Hope and Ivyland Railroad still owns the rail line through the town, and, having finished restoring the former Reading Company station building in 2011, intends to restore service through Wycombe. They also store some of their original passenger cars last used in the 1970s adjacent to the station.
October 11th, 2018
Viewed 104 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 06/13/2019 at 10:50 PM