...all who enter here. Take that Dante!
San Francisco de Asís Catholic Church, Golden, New Mexico. Real de San Francisco and Placer del Tuerto were two small communities established in the area about 1820. Gold was discovered in 1825 and the two towns joined to become Golden. By 1828 Golden was a ghost town.
The church is now one of the most photographed sites along the historic Turquoise Trail. After being abandoned for twenty years Michael R Montano came along and with the help of local parishioners, restored the church which now holds mass every Saturday afternoon.
Featured in the FAA groups:
February 16th, 2020
Viewed 32 Times - Last Visitor from Shenzhen, 30 - China on 07/23/2020 at 11:44 AM