The Summerall Chapel, designed by C.R. MacDonald, was started in September 7, 1936 and dedicated on Palm Sunday, April 10, 1938. The first services, however, were held in the chapel on September 19, 1937. The chapel was named in honor of Citadel president Gen. Charles Pelot Summerall. Inside, there is a set of thirty stained glass windows designed by H.G. Wilbert depicting the life of Jesus Christ which were executed by the Pittsburgh Stained Glass Studios in the 13th century Gothic style. A $1 million repair program was developed for the chapel in 1985.
March 13th, 2016
Viewed 55 Times - Last Visitor from London, H9 - United Kingdom on 07/14/2019 at 3:08 PM