Bristol Virginia United Methodist Church
Photograph - Photo Infrared Photographic Art
1773, only 34 years after its birth, Methodism came to the Holston region. Initially those practicing their faith met in a private home. Over the years as congregation grew, they moved several times. Eventually they settled on a tract of land in Bristol VA.
The first Methodist church was built 1n 1858. By 1869 a larger building was needed and in 1876 it came to pass. Newest iteration became known as Main Street Methodist Church. In 1902 it was demolished. Church was renamed State Street Methodist Church. And yet again by 1950 the congregation had outgrown its facility and a tract of land was purchased and in September of 1953 a groundbreaking ceremony was held. This building still serves the existing congregation.
May 17th, 2021
Viewed 283 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 07/23/2021 at 5:31 PM