Boxcar 347 - Gold Belt Line
Photograph - Photography
The Florence and Cripple Creek narrow gauge railroad ran from Florence to Cripple Creek through Phantom Canyon. Known as The Gold Belt Line, the train serviced the Cripple Creek gold camp. The trains journey from Florence climbed 5,000 feet over 40 miles to Cripple Creek, running three times daily until the track washed out in 1912. Once in Cripple Creek travel between Cripple Creek, Victor, and the major mining camps was facilitated by two electric street car systems: The Low Line and High Line. Standard gauge lines connected Cripple Creek with Colorado Springs.
May 9th, 2020
Viewed 93 Times - Last Visitor from Cupertino, CA on 07/04/2021 at 12:15 AM