Amelia Island Lighthouse
Photograph - Photography
The Cumberland Island Lighthouse was built in 1820 but due to changes in the channel of the St. Marys River declared useless by 1838. It was then moved brick by brick to Amerlia Island where it stands today. The Amelia Island Lighthouse, as it is now called, is the oldest standing lighthouse in Florida.
In 2000 the Amelia Island Lighthouse was declared surplus and was sold to Fernandina Beach in 2002.
October 25th, 2020
Viewed 104 Times - Last Visitor from Cupertino, CA on 07/30/2021 at 10:32 AM